WELCOME TO THE TOWN OF SOMERSET POOL!
OUR POOL IS A COMMUNITY CLUBHOUSE
First opened in 1971, the Town of Somerset Pool has since been a staple of the community where people & sometimes even pets meet to swim, play, chat, & enjoy community. Located at 5545 Warwick Place, the Pool is open from mid-May through early Fall. The Pool may only be used by Somersetters, their guests, Town Staff, & registered participants of Camp Summerset. Registration for Somersetters is at no cost while a fee of $4 is required per guest per day. Registration & guest fees must be completed on the Pool website: Membersplash. In addition, the Pool is the home of the Somerset Dolphins Swim Team, can be used for private parties, is home to many other activities beyond just swimming, & is also used for Town events such as the Summer Kick-Off Party, the Newcomers Welcome Party, the Nonagenarians & Juniors Ice Cream Social, &, last but not least, the Dog Swim at the end of summer!
More information on the Pool & its many amenities including hours, rules, the Swim Team, & highlights can be found below.
School Days: 1:00 pm-8:00 pm
Non-School Days (including Sunday): 10:00 am-9:00 pm
Saturdays: 10:00 am-10:00 pm
Fourth of July Holiday: 10:00 am-6:00 pm
Closing Day: 10:00 am-7:00 pm
DOG SWIM ON CLOSING DAY
6:00 pm-7:00 pm
Before you go to the Pool, take a look at the rules so you know how to have a fun but safe time!
- The pool rules can be found here.
The Town has created two reservation tutorials for Somersetters:
If you are wanting to throw a party at the Pool
- The application, rules, & guest fees for pool parties can be found here.
- Water Aerobics: Water aerobics classes at the town pool provide residents with enjoyable opportunities to exercise with friends and neighbors. Classes are held Monday, Wednesday, & Friday mornings from June through September, & are conducted by enthusiastic, experienced, & certified teachers. A minimal fee is required. Contact Lucy Freeman at email@example.com for more information. There is nothing like exercising in the pool on a hot day while looking up at the blue sky & green trees!
- Early Morning Swims: Sessions are held from 7:15 am to 8:15 am. There are 12 slots open (two swimmers per lane) for two different groups:
- Group 1: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Group 2: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
- The cost to participate is $100 per participant. Residents can sign up using a link that will be sent out by the Town Manager approximately two weeks prior to the Pool opening. The slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis & there are no drop-ins/guests allowed. Contact the Town Manager with any questions.
THE SOMERSET DOLPHINS SWIM TEAM
The Somerset Dolphins, supported by the Town, compete in the Montgomery County Swim League (MCSL). Our team is open to any Town of Somerset resident, 6-18 years of age, who can pass the deep-water test (swimming two lengths of the pool in any manner & treading water for 1 minute). The Minis Learn to Swim program is open to residents ages 4-7. For more information about the Dolphins or the Minis, please contact Ann Bolten, Team Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The team practices every weekday afternoon after Memorial Day & each morning after school is out. There are competitive dual Swim Meets every Saturday morning from mid-June through July.
They also have several Wednesday Night B-Meets & one big Relay Carnival. There is a final Divisional Championship Meet between all of the six teams in the division. At the end of the season, they have a banquet with trophies, skits, & swimming. They also have weekly social events. The emphasis is on having fun, eating pizza, & developing each swimmer. They want this to be an enjoyable community activity, not an elite group of really fast swimmers.
You can find out more about the Somerset Dolphins on their website here.
You can find more information on the Montgomery County Swim League (MCSL) on their website here.
RENOVATIONS & POOL HONOREES
A plaque at the pool commemorates Mayor Jerald Goldberg, who oversaw construction of the Pool on land he helped to acquire in early 1960s. In 2012, Somerset replaced its old Pool House with an award-winning new structure that has an open & airy design. McInturff Architects won three design awards for the building, & Therrien Waddell, the general contractor, won a construction award. A plaque on the bench by the Pool entrance commemorates Alan Proctor, who as a Councilmember energetically oversaw, among other advances, the design & building of this new Pool House. The Town Pool & its deck are currently undergoing extensive renovations to be completed before the Pool opens for the 2024 Pool Season!
Pictures from Left to Right: Somerset Pool Entrance with Alan Proctor's Bench, Basketball Hoop at the Pool, & the Pool Entrance to the Marnie Shaul Path.